1. Welcome E-mail
Before you can log in to ChildCarers to view your child's portfolio you need to have a welcome email which is sent to you by ChildCarers on behalf of the centre your child attends. It looks something like this:
2. Logging into the Parents Portal
To log in for the first time on the computer you should use the links in the second section titled 'To Access Your Child's Portfolio Via The Internet'. This link is unique to each centre and will not be exactly the same as the one in the example above.
Click on the link in step 1 and enter your email address as listed in step 2, then copy the temporary password in step 3 (Crtl+C) and paste it into the password box in the login screen (Ctrl+V). NOTE: If this password has expired you can request a reset password email by clicking on the forgotten password link on the login page.
If you need to type the link in manually you should leave out things like 'http://' or 'www.' it should look something like this: e.g. servicename.childcarers.com.au/parents
Please read all the terms and conditions carefully, scrolling all the way to the end before accepting.
You will then be prompted to enter a new password twice, the password must be at least 8 characters long and include both letters and numbers. Remember the password is case sensitive so if you have caps lock on you will need to type it with all capital letters every time.
3. Resetting your password
There are two ways to do this.
1. If you have lost/forgotten your password or your temporary password has expired, you can request a reset password email by clicking on the forgotten password link on the login page.
- The login page can be found in your welcome email under the Internet access options. This link is unique to each centre, do no try to access the link provided in the example above.
2. Your service Director / Administrator can send you a reset password email.
You will receive a Password Reset e-mail with a link to click on containing a unique reset password code (this code should be entered automatically on the first page once you click the link).
Press continue and it will ask you to enter your new password twice (this is case sensitive so check if your caps lock is on or off).
If you know your password but you would like to change it to something different, go to 'My Account' at the top right of the screen after logging in and select Change Password.
4. Who to contact
The first point of call for your ChildCarers account is your centre director or administrator. They have the ability to manage your account, link children to your account and also to send you a reset password email.
If for any reason there is something the centre cannot help you with you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try to include as much detail as possible including;
- The name of the centre your child attends.
- Your name
- The name of your child.
- What your issue is.
- What you or the centre have tried to resolve it previously.
- A contact phone number.
- Include Screen Shots if possible.
- What device and browser you are using (e.g. PC with Google Chrome or Mac with Safari)